I decided to head over to our local designer style source Wear Else to see what’s hot – and not – for Vancouver fall fashion.
The super adorable Alanna Kuznetsov, who has been a stylist with the boutique for the last two years, walked me through its top-sellers and trends as we played around with key items to create a versatile fall look.
Vancouver fashionistas’ biggest ask for the season has been for a stellar dress – we’re not ready to hide our summer legs just yet – but local women are looking for an option with longer arms as we transition into cooler weather.
The top choice so far is an ultra chic Obakki piece; it has the desired arm length, and is figure-flattering with side ruching and a feminine scoop neckline. This fab find, priced at $380, is the ultimate “Day-to-Date” dress for fall. We played dress-up with the piece and a few other hot trend items to pull together our fave transitional looks for the dress.
Look 1: Day
- The trend: basic black layering piece // The item: Pink Tartan Power Stretch Blazer, $325
- The trend: gold // The piece: Michael Kors black pumps with metallic detailing, $168
- The trend: structured pieces // The piece: Rebecca Minikoff carry-all bag, $495
- The trend: beading // The piece: Tadessa Starlight sterling silver bracelet, $175
Look 2: Date
- The trend: faux furs // The piece: Alice + Olivia Andie coat, $450
- The trend: exposed zippers & hardware // The piece: Stuart Weitzman booties, $598
- The trend: minimalism // The piece: Ela Clutch, $221
- The trend: geometric shapes // The piece: Merx Dagger necklace, $80